As a dental professional, you hold the key to finding the causes behind poor behavior, developing bad habits and atypical growth. If the craniofacial respiratory complex is underdeveloped, the body must compromise—and no one can predict the effects of that compromise over a lifetime.
The sooner in life we recognize breathing resistance and bad habits, the sooner we can give the child the best opportunity to thrive. Learn how to accomplish this in Kids Don’t Grow Out of It, They Need Your Help—Here’s How: An ADA Children’s Airway Event, July 27–29 at ADA Headquarters in Chicago. In this course, you will get hands-on with devices, shoulder-to-shoulder with practicing experts, learning new skills to put therapy into practice. Not only will you get practical experience, you’ll also gain enhanced behavioral management skills for young patients and communication skills for both the child and their caregivers/decision makers. The course will feature short lectures, plenty of roundtable discussions, activities aimed at developing action plans and experiences with role-playing and handling various devices.
At the end of this Children’s Airway event, you will be able to:
- Become more comfortable when communicating with caregivers and patients
- Understand how different appliances can be used in different clinical situations
- Appreciate the roles nutrition and a patient’s breathing have on developing bodies
- Recognize underdeveloped anatomy and create an action plan around it
- Draw on the connections you formed at this event to support your actions back home
- Train your team with confidence and enthusiasm
CE hours: 17