VIRTUAL FIESTA NMDA Is here!
Read below for essential FIESTA information...WE ARE NOT HOSTING THE VIRTUAL FIESTA ON THIS WEBSITE.
Essential Information for FIESTA NMDA
Passwords, Registration, Video Instructions, Handouts and More
Our VIRTUAL FIESTA NMDA is here and we could not be more excited! We have assembled an all-star lineup of speakers and booth sponsors for you to enjoy from the convenience of your home. It is imperative that you read the essential information
to ensure that you are ready for FIESTA and can access the event!
If you have additional questions, email email@example.com .
FOR THOSE ALREADY REGISTERED
Vfairs will be sending you your confirmation, password information and a link to
the Vfairs FIESTA NMDA event site where you will log in when the conference begins. Look for your Vfairs email with all of the information. A reminder: The NMDA will not be sending out these emails, and we are not hosting the FIESTA on our website. All of this will be done through Vfairs.
HAVEN'T REGISTERED YET?
If you have not registered yet, please CLICK HERE
to register. It is important to note that each individual registrant must register themselves
. Registration processing for the Vfairs event does not allow for entire offices to be registered by one person. You must log on with your own credentials in order to receive your CE credits. So please be aware of this and coordinate accordingly with your office.
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN FIESTA BEGINS
We have created a video primer on all things FIESTA so you know exactly what to expect. Please CLICK HERE
to watch the video for a complete tour of the event and what to expect.
REVIEW THE SCHEDULE
Since this year’s FIESTA is a virtual event, it is important to note the times of the presentations. The virtual world has allowed us to schedule things differently than in past years, so please review the schedule so you do not miss a class! CLICK HERE
to see the entire meeting guide.
All of the handouts from the speakers will be found at the "Speaker Handouts" booth in the virtual Exhibit Hall
. We have a convenient "one stop booth" that will have all the materials for every speaker. Plus, it gives you an opportunity to stop by our sponsors booths and check out their products, just like you would at our traditional physical NMDA Exhibit Hall.
A Taste of FIESTA NMDA: New Video!
New video tour of what you can expect from our exciting Virtual FIESTA!
The NMDA has produced an informative new video offering you a taste of what Virtual FIESTA NMDA has in store! Take a tour of what FIESTA has to offer, including:
- your guide to registration
- What to do the day of the event
- Our virtual exhibit hall with interactive booths
- The speakers auditorium, where all the CE events are held
- The lounge, where you can network and catch up with friends
- A review of our new FIESTA website with speaker line-ups, FAQs and more
EVERYTHING you need to know about FIESTA in this one video...plus, don’t forget the savings! Non-members can save $300 by joining the NMDA prior to FIESTA! We know you'll want to register after learning about all of the great features of FIESTA NMDA, so CLICK HERE
to get started!
FIESTA NMDA Goes Virtual, May 28-30, REGISTRATION OPEN!
We are going virtual! Registration is now open for Fiesta NMDA, please CLICK HERE
to go to our new FIESTA website to register, as well as checking out the interactive schedule and finding answers to your FAQs.
We are bringing you the same great program you've come to expect from the NMDA, but from a virtual platform. We understand that once you are back at work you may not want to take off additional time to attend, so we have scheduled the bulk of the program in the evening, on Friday afternoon and on Saturday. We will have amazing live interactive classes with great speakers like Gordon Christensen, Roger Levin, John Alonge, and Marty Zase. This will be the best value in CE for the entire team ever!
Virtual FIESTA 2020 also features:
- Live courses that count towards “live” CE requirements
- Updated classes on OSHA and practice management in the age of COVID-19.
- Access “on-demand” recordings of the classes you miss for a month after the meeting
- A “virtual” exhibit hall where you can interact with exhibitors, learn about show specials, get product demonstrations, and experience the same excellent live support you have come to expect at FIESTA…all from your computer!
- Network and chat with other attendees
- Great games and prizes as incentives to visit every aspect of the meeting.
We are excited by our all-star lineup of speakers and a really fun and accessible platform. Please scroll down the page for a full listing of speakers, courses and times. You will not want to miss the virtual Fiesta NMDA 2020 coming to a computer near you.
BREAKING: Governor Amends Order (5/7/2020)
Earlier today Governor Lujan Grisham and Secretaries Kunkel and Scrase gave final approval to reopening guidelines developed by the Dental Advisory Team: CLICK HERE
. These guidelines, along with other supporting documents, will provide the framework on which dentists may gradually resume providing more services. This will occur through an amendment to the “essential services” order and will be posted on the NM COVID website sometime soon, perhaps later today. We will send another alert as soon as it is posted. There are some important things you need to know:
- Until the amended order is officially posted by the DOH, the restrictions of the current order will remain in place and enforceable.
- Conditions in three northwest counties, McKinley, San Juan and Cibola do not currently meet the state’s requirements to lift restrictions. There are already gating criteria in place that will allow expansion to these areas when the current conditions improve. Restrictions in other areas could be reimposed if conditions worsen.
- There are a number of requirements that offices must meet in order to reopen more broadly. This includes having two weeks of PPE on hand and signing a document attesting to the office’s understanding of the guidelines and willingness to comply. These criteria are identical to those required for the other healthcare providers that started to resume activity last week.
- We have been in discussions with the New Mexico Department of Homeland Security to receive needed PPE that we are currently unable to get from dental suppliers. It may be necessary to make requests through the NMDA and you will probably have to pick up the supplies from a site in your area. As with all entities seeking these supplies, requests will be limited to essential needs for a two-week period. We hope to have more details on the process in the next 24 hours.
- There will be a great deal of scrutiny during the first couple weeks to make sure that there is no spread occurring and that dental offices are complying.
Our thanks need to go to the members of the Dental Advisory team who met at all hours during the last 7 days to craft and recraft the many documents requested by the administration in support of our restarting.
Jennifer Thompson, DDS – General Dentist, Farmington
Michael Sparks, DDS, MS – Periodontist, Albuquerque
Kim Martin, DMD – General Dentist, Las Cruces
NMDA Vice President
David Manzanares, DDS – General Dentist, Albuquerque
Tom Schripsema, DDS – General Dentist, Albuquerque
NMDA Executive Director
Other DAT Members:
Keon Ahghar, DMD – General Dentist, Roswell
Paul Balderamos, DDS, MS – Prosthodontist, Santa Fe
Lionel Candelaria, DDS, FACS – Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon, Albuquerque
Daniel Clark, DDS – General Dentist, Farmington (PMS)
David Hadley, DDS, MSD – Endodontist, Albuquerque
David Martinez, DDS – Pediatric Dentist, Albuquerque
Ross Mohr, DMD – Orthodontist, Albuquerque
Kelley Hollingsworth-Ryals, DDS – General Dentist, Santa Fe
Charles Schumacher, DDS – General Dentist, Farmington
Joy Trigo, DDS – Pediatric Dentist, Las Cruces
Watch the NMDA Restart Town Hall On Demand
If you were unable to join the NMDA Restart Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, April 22, you can now watch it by CLICKING HERE
. The Town Hall featured NMDA president, Jennifer Thompson and Executive Director, Tom Schripsema answered questions and provided additional information regarding NMDA’s phased restart program proposed to the Governor. The Town Hall helped provide you information on the kind of preparations offices should be making to be ready for seeing more patients and providing more services.
NMDA Proposed Phased Restart
Please review the documents from April 20, 2020, on the NMDA's proposals for a Phased Restart and a FAQ page concerning relevant issues.
Governor Extends Public Health Emergency Orders (4/6/20)
On Monday, April 6th, Governor Lujan Grisham extended the order limiting dental services to urgent and emergency care from April 10 to April 30. She also placed further restrictions on other essential and non-essential businesses. You can read the order HERE.
New Mexico Department of Health Compliance Reports (3/26/20)
The Association has prepared two forms to allow dentists to report compliance with the DOH orders
. The first utlilizes the ADA definitions to report what your office will and won’t do to comply with the order. CLICK HERE
to fill that form out. The second is for easy reporting of current stocks of PPE. CLICK HERE
to report your PPE. Offices are free to submit their own forms if they wish. You can complete these forms on your phone, tablet or computer. They can then be saved and submitted to the Department of Health by CLICKING HERE
. Fill out the required information. Then, click on the purple "Add File" link to upload your 2 reports. Then hit "Submit."
State enacts further restrictions to stop spread, including stay-at-home instruction. CLICK HERE TO READ (3/23/20)
Governor Lujan-Grisham issued an executive order
on March 23 restricting businesses in the state to “essential” services beginning at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, March 24, and will apply at least through April 10. This was accompanied by a DOH order
which provided more details. Dental facilities while providing care for emergencies are consider essential by the order. Although that is not further defined by the Governor’s order the Board of Dental Health Care will utilize the American Dental Association guidance for both dentists
on what constitutes an emergency. State government has a variety of means to enforce the act including revocation of licenses, citations from law enforcement and civil actions and injunctions. The Governor called on all New Mexicans to do the right thing on behalf of all citizens. Businesses that are not on the essential list may not be opened. Even essential services were called upon to as much as feasible have personnel work from home.
Save enough to pay your dues! Exclusive member prices on the supplies you use through TDSC.com. Try it today!
Job postings, career opportunities, practices for sale and equipment for purchase all here at Hesy-Re.com.